Meet Our Team
Optometrist: DR. SHIRA M. GELB
Dr. Gelb is a native of Chicago where she went to University of Illinois and graduated with a Bachelor of Science with Highest Distinction in Biological Sciences. She then went on to pursue her optometric degree at Illinois College of Optometry and graduated in 2004. Dr. Gelb attended her externships at West Side Veterans Hospital, Illinois Eye Institute and St. James Hospital. Her professional affiliations include: American Optometric Association, Illinois Optometric Association, Associate member of College Of Vision Development (COVD) and Phi Kappa Phi Honors Society.
Dr. Gelb has worked in and around the West Rogers Park area of Chicago for the last 12 years. She is experienced in:
- Performing comprehensive eye examinations for all ages
- Fitting the latest technology in both rigid and soft contact lenses
- Diagnosis and treating a wide range of ocular diseases and infections
- Evaluating and managing vision therapy
- Conducting pre/post-operative patient care and emergency services.
Her treatment philosophy is to provide you with the most comprehensive quality eye care with a personal touch! She believes that communication and patient education are an essential aspect of vision care.
In Dr. Gelb’s free time she enjoys crafting, running, and spending time with her family.